Stay informed about mindfulness meditation offering throughout the Louisville area. Sign up for our Monthly "Meditation in Louisville" Newsletter. Click here to get on our mailing list. Check out a sample.
Sanghas (sitting groups)
- Earth and Spirit Center (Christian Contemplative and Buddhist Traditions). Introductory and continuing meditation classes, monthly day-long sits, MBSR programs, retreats and many other interesting workshops and events.
- Tashi Gomang Dharma Center (Tibetan)
- Loose Leaf Hollow Spiritual Retreat Center
- Doug Van Houten offers a variety of other journeys for discovering the meaning and destiny at the heart of each life including world-shifting Soulcraft intensives. and weekend experiential programs. Check out his website.
- Mindful Parenting Workshops and Mindful Living Series and other rewarding mindfulness-based programs as well as 1:1 and couple's psychotherapy offered by Shelly Sowell. Check out her website for more info.
• Weekly Guided Meditation, Monday 6-7pm, Wednesday 10:30 - 11:30am. St Paul United Methodist Church (Douglass Blvd and Bardstown Rd). Meet in the church parlor. Led by Marilyn Stoner. Info: email or 502 456 1502
• Shine Wellness Studio offers a variety of wellness and life-enrichment programs - come share a dance with Maria! For Info
- Integral Mondo Zen this is my current practice community and the most powerful and clear meditation practice I have experienced - check it out! Four and seven day retreats are being offered around the country and in Europe.
- Goenka Vipassana- 10-day courses offered around the world - donation only. Nearest center is just outside of Chicago. An excellent way to deepen your practice and connection with the body in a very tight and supportive container.(note: know that you don't have to devote yourself to this particular tradition or any of it's dogma to benefit from 10 days of intense practice.)
- Tri-State Dharma - Insight meditation retreats in Indiana with various teachers.
- Spirit Rock - Jack Kornfield's center in California
- Insight Meditation Society - Joseph Goldstein, center in Barre, Mass